Conversion kit for extending a bicycle carrier to a modular rear carrier system with two vertically arranged universal lashing rails (airline). The lashing rails are used to attach an optionally available attachment module for spare wheels, canisters, transport boxes and much more.
- the original Volkswagen tailgate carrier Comfort for up to four bicycles with the VW part no. 7E0.071.104 (T6/T6.1)
- the Thule WanderWay 911001 bike carrier for 2 to 4 bikes
Scope of delivery :
- 2 lashing rails, made of aluminium, black powder-coated
- 2 clamps for the upper cross tube of the bike carrier
- 2 clamps for the lower cross tube of the bike carrier
- 1 set self-locking nut and cover caps
- Assembly Instructions
Max. load of the converted rear carrier: 40 kg
Customs tariff number: 87089997
Net weight: about 2 kg
When mounting a spare wheel, a spacer might need to be placed underneath depending on the offset of the rim and the width of the tyre.
The mounting module for the Peli-Box must be spaced by 25 mm. We offer our spacer kit TA-T6-303-A1-M8 for this purpose.
If modules are mounted, not all rails of the bike carrier can be used any longer. The foldable part of the bike carrier with the rails can also be completely dismantled.
Opening the tailgate is made more difficult by the additional weight. The optionally available reinforced gas pressure springs ensure that the tailgate remains open despite the additional weight.